SPACE Gallery is seeking proposals from artists and individuals for one time or short term workshops. If you have an idea for something you would like to teach, or you possess a skill that you would like to share, please get in touch with us. Past workshops have included making a hand-knotted rug and creating contact microphones and Victorian synthesizers. Workshops can be for kids or adults, or both. We are open to ideas that are not strictly art based, and encourage you to consider our mission of presenting contemporary and alternative arts, artists and ideas.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- A short statement of intent proposing the idea in no more than 200 words.
- An estimation of cost of materials, your time and any other costs that would need to be considered
- A general outline of how you see the workshop working, ie: how many hours it will take, how many people could attend each session, an age level range and a date range of your availability to teach
- A description of your past teaching experience (if applicable) and your readiness to teach this skill
- Any other materials such as images, links to websites, etc that will help us understand your idea
Once we accept the idea all of the logistics will be worked out with the SPACE staff, but proposals will be reviewed based on quality of idea and ability to implement it. Deadline is March 1. Please no calls.